Dear Friends and Supporters,
I will be seeking my 7th term in the North Carolina General Assembly.
During the last session, approximately 1,031 bills were introduced and 357 passed. Some were good while others were not so good. I was the primary sponsor of 22 bills and co-sponsor of 130 bills.
Our State still has great challenges ahead of her. We must continue to attract higher paying jobs, job creation, a quality education for our students, better access to healthcare, an improved infrastructure, and new energy sources. As your representative, I realize we must work across the aisle to get things done. These efforts have brought millions of dollars into our community:
- $4.8M for the Southern Regional Area Health Education Center in Fayetteville, which fully funds a medical resident program at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center.
- $15,000K to make improvements to the Spring Lake Military Park.
- $100,000K for Cape Fear Botanical Garden.
- $2M approximately for Cumberland County Schools from the state’s low wealth schools program.
- $591,472K to hire seven people at the Department of Environmental Quality to address the ongoing GenX water pollution problem in the Cape Fear River and other emerging contaminants.
- $3.55M for fire sprinklers at the Fayetteville Veterans Home.
- $13.7M to renovate the Rosenthal and Chick Buildings at Fayetteville State University.
- $1.5M for a 100ft spire at the Fayetteville’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Park.
- $1.5M Kingdom Community Development Low Income Housing.
- $6.5M Carolina Small Business Development Fund.
I would like to return to the North Carolina House of Representatives to ensure that your voice will continue to be heard. I need your help to continue the good fight on behalf of NC House District 43. Your contribution would allow me to continue being your voice in Raleigh. You can give $50.00, $100.00, $200.00, $250.00, $500.00, $1,000.00, or any other amount. Please make your check payable to the “Committee to Re-Elect Elmer Floyd”.
I stand ready to fight for a greater Fayetteville, Cumberland County, and North Carolina. I humbly thank you for your financial support, your vote, and your prayers, for a successful campaign. I promise to serve you with integrity, humility, and honesty.
NC House District 43